Friday, April 01, 2005

Good morning, Honey!

How my hubby woke up this morning:
Me, yelling from the other room. "Oh my God, Goobie, I can't believe you would do this! What were you thinking? Dang it, Goobie, when Dad and I are asleep you're supposed to be sleeping! It's everywhere! Aaaargh. I can't believe you would do this!"

Goobie scurried into the bedroom where hubby was stirring. Hubby was all sleepy-eyed and confused. He immediately went into MadDad mode. "Goobie, what is Mom so mad about? GOOBIE! What did you do? Tell me NOW! Goobie, look at me!" Goobie replied, "While you and Mom were sleeping I painted my room. It looks really good!" I continued to rant in the background. I heard MadDad saying "WHAT? YOU WHAT?" and then "Hey, wait a second. It's April Fools Day, isn't it?"

Oh, baby, we got him good. We really had him going for a minute there. Classic. Now wait 'til Grandma sees the plastic spider we slipped into my purse before heading out to breakfast with her. It's her own fault. She already called to "cancel" saying Goob's favorite restaurant had closed. Never fool with the foolers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home