Friday, March 04, 2005

Intuition

I'm one of those people who is always looking around when I walk. I like being aware of what's going on around me. My husband thinks I'm paranoid. Whatever.

Last night I took two girlfriends out to dinner to celebrate their recent birthdays. Walking home from downtown, bellies full of Pad Thai, my Spidey Sense kicked in. I had noticed a guy behind us. He had the hood of his sweatshirt up, he was kinda hunched over, and had an intense gait. He was doing this weird thing with his shoulder. He was gaining on us and it made me uncomfortable. I wanted to know what was up, so I made up an excuse to pull my friends to the side to get a better look and see if he would pass us.

My friends later admitted they thought I was being weird when I dragged them to the sculpture I used as my reason for changing direction. The guy turned, too. Just as I was getting a good look at him to try to figure out what was up, he started snorting, kinda grunting. A cop car zipped into the parking lot next to us. The guy took off running, the cop jumped out of his car and took chase, calling out to the guy. They were both swallowed up by darkness and we had no idea what followed.

We started walking again. Then there were lots of cop cars, cruising up and down the street we were on and the cross streets. They were looking for him. A few minutes later there were no more cop cars. We assume they found him. No clue what was up.

My friends were freaked out that they hadn't even noticed him. It was so weird. I made sure all my windows were latched before bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Somebody's Mom said...

Thanks, Therese.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home