Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Clouds have lifted. Return of the muse.

I fired a client the other day. Well, kind of. I told him I wouldn't do his newsletters anymore. I'll still do other things for him. I still really like him. He's still my friend. He's a really nice guy, but I was spinning my wheels. He wouldn't get me the content on time, kept changing his mind about things, and on and on. I'd block out time to work on it based on his promises to get me the content, and it wouldn't arrive. He was always changing meeting times, which in turn meant I'd have to keep changing my plans for childcare, since he could never meet during my normal working hours. I felt really bad making childcare arrangements and having to change them. Made me look flakey. It wasn't good. It was really bringing me down. So I made the call.

And suddenly, the clouds have lifted. Literally and figuratively. This morning I woke up and it wasn't raining anymore. A beautiful day awaited me. I felt like using my camera again after letting it gather dust for weeks. I felt like playing. I saw beauty in things I walked past. I laughed at a snail. I was me. And all it cost to get my life back was one phone call. (I'm trying not to think about the money. All it cost is one phone call. Stop thinking about the money.)

It's so worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home