Saturday, January 01, 2005

Okey-dokey then

Well, here we are. 2005. Our son thinks he stayed up past midnight at Grandma's. He had a great time thinking he was staying up that late. Today his father and I will milk it, explaining that he really should take a nap after staying up that late, telling him he'll have to go to bed early to make up for it, etc.

My mom and dad stayed for a waffle feast when they dropped the little man off this morning. We didn't ship him off so we could party last night. He just begged to stay at G&G's because they spoil him rotten. So the hubby and I stayed home, ordered pizza, laughed and frolicked. Oh, and we played with the little man's Hot Wheels. One of my favorite moments was sitting on the Santa rug at the top of the stairs waiting for the pizza guy. We were sipping wine, chatting about how lucky and grateful we are to have the life we're living. Our amazing son, so loving and sweet, intelligent and compassionate, hilarious, too. Our home in just the right location. Hubby's job, which he truly enjoys. Each other.

Christmas was nice. Celebrated a few days early with the in-laws, then at home on Christmas morning, followed by a jaunt to my parents' pad. My local sisters and their kids were there, too. Quite fun and lots of food. Then back home and a visit with hubby's parents. And lots of playing. Gotta love having a kid. So much to play with.

Got my own new toys, too, including a "Po' Gal's Pod" -- a Palm with a big ole SD card so I can not only organize and track my life, but choose from hundreds of groovy tunes as I do so.

My birthday's in a few days. Oh, my. Let's not go there quite yet.
Smoocharoo to all of yas.


1 Comments:

Blogger Somebody's Mom said...

Now THAT'S a birthday present. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving! When I was born, my parents brought me home from the hospital on my sister's 4th birthday and she thought I was her birthday present. They say she called me "my baby" for a couple of years.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home