Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I married a maniac and other nonsense

My husband has been rollerblading every rain-free day for about twelve years. He goes really fast over, around, through, beyond, all over. He is a maniac. I had suspicions of this when he insisted on going skating the day after he was knocked unconscious by a car. (He said the paramedics were really nice.) I had more suspicions when he couldn't shut up about how he couldn't wait to skate again after he got attacked by a dog while on his blades and got bitten and knocked down, resulting in the biggest gnarliest hematoma imaginable. But now I know he is a maniac. I have proof. He has started using his Palm Zire to make videos when he goes skating. He sent a link to said videos to some "wacky shit on the web" kinda place, and they are now letting people check out his videos. So, here ya go. Go crazy. See my man in action. Don't forget to turn up your speakers to partake of the tunes.

In other news... have you chosen your attire for Thursday? I have a suggestion. All us cool kids in mourning will be wearing them. Sigh.

Next... have I told you our son is the coolest kid in the universe? I just need to say it. For two reasons. One: Because he makes my heart sing. He makes everything...Groovy... and Two: Because now I'm going to laugh at him and it makes me feel better to say something nice first. He had his first basketball game Saturday. There's nothing like a gaggle of kindergarteners trying to shoot hoops. Especially when one of them is our darling uncoordinated, tangle-footed little goob. Oh, baby, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. He loved every minute of it. Came home talking about how good he is, and how great the game was. I love that little goofball. I'm glad he's playing basketball. And I'm glad he's pursuing other interests, too, like chess. It's pretty tough to get hurt playing chess. Although he did tip his chair over at chess club last week...

I really do adore that boy. Last week I went to pick him up from school and said to one of the other moms, "Ya know, I was kind of in a funk all day, and then when it was time to come and get him I totally perked up because I couldn't wait to see him. And now that I'm here, I feel great." A bunch of momheads spun towards me, puzzled looks on the momfaces. One said, "Really? That's really neat. I can't remember the last time I looked forward to seeing one of my kids. Usually it's like, 'Oh, shit, it's already time to go get him.' I'm just so busy."

I sincerely hope I will never be too busy to want to see my sweet patootie. He is my sunshine. He makes me happy when skies are gray.








1 Comments:

Blogger Somebody's Mom said...

But, ummm, sometimes school IS stupid!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home