Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Kiss of Death

First my hubby's machine last week. Now my brand new birthday screamer machine. "Catastrophic hard-drive failure."

I'm so bummed. All the stuff I'd had on his machine that I thought "It's okay, I backed it up to my machine!" All my photos from the last three months that I had finally deleted off the SD cards because I convinced myself that I was being a paranoid freak and there was no reason to keep the stuff on the cards when I had it all on my hard drive. My almost finished tax return. My client files.

Gone. All gone.
Sob.

A new drive is on the way. A new empty drive. Full of nothing but potential, temptation, and the reminder that I have a lot of work ahead of me.
Whimper.

At least I can bring this old laptop under the covers with me when I'm sulking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home