Wednesday, August 03, 2005

File under "Ewwww, that's so gross"

From the local paper:
Avila Beach will be closed at least through this afternoon because of a raw sewage spill from San Luis Obispo's treatment plant early Tuesday.

San Luis Obispo City Utilities Director John Moss said a computer glitch prevented some pumps from operating properly, causing 30,000 to 40,000 gallons of waste to back up and overflow during the early hours of the morning.

The sewage -- enough to fill a motel pool -- flowed eight miles from the treatment facility near Los Osos Valley Road to the beach...


I can't wait to read the article to the goob, though. He always gets crabby that I won't let him play at the end of the beach "with the little river". I always reply with something like, "Honey, that there's a river of doom, filled with poop and disgusting grossness." Now I have proof.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Gross. I grew up a mile from the Hyperion Sewage Treatment Plant in L.A. - "the City's oldest and largest wastewater treatment facility". http://www.lacity.org/san/wpd/WPD/general/hypern1.htm
A mile north of me was LAX. A mile south was Chevron Oil Refinery. A mile east was super secret space stuff. Would you like to buy a house there? Only $600,000 to start... and I wonder why I got cancer!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Somebody's Mom said...

Oh, man, no doubt. I have regular rant sessions about the lack of interest in investigating environmental causes of cancer.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home