Friday, December 23, 2005

If I'm shaking...

...it's because several of hubby's students gave him Starbuck's gift cards, which he promptly handed over to me. I only go there when it's free, and actually feel kind of weird even then. I have an aversion to the place. But I can't let them make all that money off the gift cards without even having them redeemed. So I will do my part. I will make the sacrifice.

In preparation, I cruised their website. Specifically the nutrition info. I will be avoiding all the food items. Holy moly, they sell some sugary fat-bombs. Add in a beverage and you won't have to eat for days... especially if you go there after a breakfast like I had at home this morning, which consisted of one rum ball, a chocolate-cherry cookie, and an eggnog latte.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! Sounds like a familiar breakfast! Kind of like my Guinness stout gingerbread, chocolate peppermint shortbread cookie, and cup of regular old coffee with milk.... will you pleeeease give me a hint as to how you make an eggnog latte?
Merry Christmas!

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - and those Starbucks desserts are killers. Once I had a piece of the classic coffeecake. It was yummy, but it was so, so... much!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Somebody's Mom said...

We three should dine together. Stephanie, you come out here, 'cuz Twinmama's only 20 minutes away, okay?

Last time I mentioned eggnog lattes I did add this to the comments for ya: I heat the organic eggnog and froth it with a tiny little whip, add it to really strong organic shade grown fair trade French roast, and put a dash of nutmeg on top. Mmmmm.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You Thank You! And you never know - one day I may take a trip back out west (the last time I was in california I was 18 months old!)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home