Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Shocked and still shaking.

The police came to my door today and asked lots of questions about Weird Larry. They wanted to know if he'd tried to contact us in any way lately, if we'd seen him in the neighborhood, etc. They were very nice and took lots of notes. I didn't have the guts to ask why they were concerned. During the conversation I answered one question with something like, "I'm not sure, he had this whole paranoid delusional thing going on," and the two detectives looked at each other. I thought, "Wow, I hit a chord with that one."

Then my neighbor called. The police had called him at work to check on his safety. They asked lots of questions about Larry.

Larry won't be bothering us anymore. Sadly, devastatingly, he took others with him. The investigation is under way. I am heartbroken for the families of those he killed. Absolutely heartbroken. And more than a little overwhelmed thinking about it all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy's Space said...

S,

So sorry to hear about that, being so close to home you must be in some sort of shock. My heart goes out to you. Take care.

Sandy

11:18 AM  
Blogger Somebody's Mom said...

Sandy, thanks for your note. I'm coming out of the haze.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home